Name of the Society
Japanese Society for Cancer of the Colon and Rectum (JSCCR)
Sanbancho KS Bldg., 2 Sanbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0075, Japan
Tel. +81-3-3263-8697 FAX +81-3-3263-8693
The aim of the JSCCR is to conduct research in cancer of the colon and rectum and advance its diagnosis and treatment.
In order to accomplish the purpose described above, the Society carry out the following activities:
- Host research meetings twice a year.
- Make the “General Rules for Clinical and Pathological Status on Cancer of the Colon, Rectum and Anus” more substantial.
- Compile statistics of cancer of the colon and rectum, collect relevant materials, and provide the collected materials.
- Other undertakings needed to accomplish the purpose of the Society such as various committees and research projects
- Regular Members of the Society shall consist of university laboratories, research institutes, and diagnostic and treatment facilities (departments) that endorse the purpose of the Society.
- In addition to the Regular Members, individuals who endorse the purpose of the Society shall be designated as Associate Members, and organizations (enterprises) that support the Society’s projects shall be designated as Supporting Members.
- Admission of individuals and organizations into the Society as Regular, Associate, or Supporting Members shall be approved by the President through examinations by the Managers’ Meeting.
- Regular Member Facilities shall appoint one of their personnel as its representative (hereinafter referred to as the “Facility Representative”) and obtain the approval of the Managers’ Meeting for the representative.